Statement Of Claim: When Do I Use The Court To Get My Debt Paid?

I am not an attorney, I am a judgment matchmaking specialist (Judgment Broker). This article is my opinion, based on my experience in California, and laws are different in every state. Nothing in any of my articles can ever be considered legal advice.

The cost of service of process depends upon the number of known adult occupants living at the premises. Every known adult occupant must be named in the lawsuit and served with it regardless of whether he signed, or is listed as a tenant on, the lease. In a typical case where there are two known adult occupants (the husband and wife or unmarried couple), you can expect the process serving charges to total $140.00. Therefore, in the most common case (rent amount $10,000.00 or less, two known adult occupants), the filing fee and service of process charges will total $360.00.

3) After the court accepts your writ and stamps it, they will make a copy for themselves. They will then stamp one of your copies as the official copy, and one as a receipt copy. Keep the receipt copy, but it does not do much as only the court-stamped copy of the writ counts.

The person serving the debtor must not be you. They can be a process server business, someone that works a mailbox rental store, a friend, etc. They might charge you. (If they do not charge you, consider giving them a gift once in while.) They need to sign page 2 of the MC-12, (I recommend lending them a blue pen to sign, which shows the original copy that the court requires), seal the envelope, and deposit the stamped and sealed envelope addressed to the judgment debtor, in an active mailbox or the post office.

Reinstatement amount- a dollar figure that is needed to be paid to the bank in order to bring your payments up-to-date. For example, if you haven’t been paying for 4 months, then your reinstatement figure will be 4 months of mortgage payment, plus penalties, plus other fees.

Bank accounts can be found by having an old check from the debtor, having someone buy something from the debtor, a debtor examination, examining third-parties such as a friend or business partner, or hiring a private investigator.

So, once you’re able to do this, how do you proceed? Well, you take the focus off of worrying about the tiny details and you instead take a look at how things are going in general and how you can change your husband’s perception that he’s not getting as much as he’s giving. And yes, you may also feel this way. But working on these issues will benefit you as well. People who feel appreciated and valued are much more willing and able to reciprocate.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *